Thursday, February 23, 2012

My first Water Marble Nails

Water Marble nails are where you put a few drops to several drops of any polish color you desire, the polish will spread out along the surface of the water, then take a toothpick and  make your designs within the water. You can make all kinds of different swirls. Then place your nail into the water and seperating the left over polish from your finger. Then pull your nail out and you have the swirl design on your nail. This is a messy design, so what I did was take some pieces of tape and placed them around the edges of the nail. You'll still have some polish to clean off your skin but no where near as much as if you did not use the tape. You can use whatever colors you want and do all kinds of different designs. I of course at the end added some clear glitter polish to give them a nice sparkle. I love glitter.

I have been dying to try this design and seen it everywhere. If my directions are not enough I will attach a youtube link to a video that I watched to figure out how exactly how to do this. Although the swirls and what colors I used were my own idea, to do this specfic design and how to actually do was not mine. So I am not taking cradit for someone else's work. The video is how I learned.

It does take some time and practice to get a hang of it. By the time I was almost done with the first hand and moved to the second hand the process went a long a lot faster. You also have to keep moving with it as you put drops of polish into the water or it will dry up in the water and form like a skin later on top and that will never work then.

*A side note here....Try to use fresh polish. If you use a polish that you have had for quite sometime it will not spread in the water. It will just sit there and dry up. Older polish has had time to start to thicken is why.

Here are my photos of what I have done and the video...


















 Video:

 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCnmtJbI1oo&list=FLGeoC7xcfVZ6gjFSouMtaLQ&index=2&feature=plpp_video

No comments:

Post a Comment