Sunday, May 27, 2012

Border Nails

I've seen border nails all over the Internet and I thought it looked cool. So I tried it out and added my own twist to it. I will admit this was not my best design but it is something that I would love to try again and will try again someday. Also the way I did this took quite a while and I know if I did it a different way and wasn't so distracted it wouldn't had taken long at all.


>>First off I painted all the nails expect the ring fingers on both hands with a light/bright blue. If you want technical I guess its a Tarheel blue.



















>>And I painted the ring fingers with black.

>>Once all the nails dried I used a black nail art paint/brush and outlined the blue nails. (Warning nails and outlines are sloppy, I greatly apologize).

>>Next comes the long part....I took some white colored nail jewels and out lined the black nails. I did not use glue to attach them like most places do. I just used the dotting tool and silver paint and places dots outling the black nails. The wet polish was used like a glue and they stuck once dried. (I don't like using glue on the nails).



>>Then seal everything with top coat. I used a couple more layers on the black nails with the jewels so everything holds in place.



**I hate how sloppy this design is so please don't judge. If anyone wants this done I promise it will look 10x better! This was my first attempt and I can do much better on the outlines, also I didnt clean up the edges of the fingers before I tooks the pictures :)

No comments:

Post a Comment