Sunday, April 15, 2012

"The Girl on Fire"

First off I took the Riveting nail color by China Glaze from The Hunger Games collection. I painted all the nails this color.

Then I used a double nail art brush/dotting tool. On one end it has a very thin brush and the other end is a small ball to use to make dots.

I used the brush end to dip into some white polish. On the ring finger of both hands I painted 3 squiggly line from the bottom corner of the cuticle. Also in between the lines added some small white dots using the side of the tool with the small ball. Then still using the dotting side I dipped it into some silver polish. Starting at the bottom of each line adding some silver shine to the lines. (As you can see in the picture). And like always use some top coat to finish and lock in.

The lines were meant to be flames like from the book/movie of The Hunger Games where Katniss was known as The Girl on Fire. I chose to only do one nail on each hand as my own preference of style. But you could always do other nails or all of the nails :)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment